Confession of a (Used To Be) Movieholic [Part 2]


 Do you believe me that advertisements are one the reason I was what I was? They are the one who should be blamed. Nowadays, advertisements of movies are everywhere. When i’m in the car, i could see the gigantic blue billboards of Avatar. When i arrived at school, the ambient school bus stop with Jaden Smith in his karate suit (just another form of advertisers taking advantages as if it has something to do with school’s bullying) caught my eyes and sometimes, when i’m waiting for my mom to fetch me after school is over, out of nowhere, a pamplet of Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn just flew to me face. Yeah, I’m not joking. This happened to me once.

Avatar's Billboard
Source : http://a1.img.mobypicture.com/75a26eff124104b3e88809313067f838_view.jpg

 That is what kind of advertisement I saw daily just in my going-to-school’s journey. Beyond that time, I just hopes that all of the ads stopped existing. They kept on coming as if the air. And unfortunately for me, movies are my air. I cannot breathe without them. Literally. I have asthma and when I got nervous, my heart rate was not in their right paces. My heart beats and thumps like nothing you could ever imagine. And movies were the only drugs to cure them.

 Back to the story. After getting to Mid Valley. I would be rushing to GSC (Golden Screen Cinemas) on the third level and I would just go straight away to line up. While lining up, then I would make decisions of what movie to be watched. Although I am pretty sure that it won’t be taking too long because usually the night before, I would have read reviews from premier screening’s audiences just to make comparisons of which to watch first. But in the end, it does not really matter, since I would always have tomorrow to watch, what I left.

Mid Valley Megamall is the most easiest to be reached
Source : https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjiqx5FsYmQfR0BJrIKUkMj2vGp4oIG6GVG5thIITHaDwG1dCIGAjxHpH6I9oKFNUtpb0UPLKWUgaANfn0Q11c99jBdcIyJ2k6GYlLkMkR-Ze_wMtfjT_457yhr-VB1pqi8DQETmtuS560/s1600/Mid-Valley-Megamal-Kuala-Lumpur.jpg

 Basically, that is what I have to go through daily. I would usually be arriving at home around 8 o’clock. Just in time for me to have some bath and dinner before the tuition starts at 9.00pm. That was mostly all about times. So, today, I am going to share you my time management and budgets as a movieholics.
Summarising my time management, here you goes:

                             14.00               : School’s over and journey to Mid Valley starts
                             15.00               : Arriving at destination
                             16.00-16.30     : Movie starts
                             18.00-18.30     : Movie ends
                             19.30-20.00     : Back at home

 And here is my budget daily (unless stated otherwise) :

                             Taxi’s Fare      : From school to Bukit Jalil’s train station [RM 11.00]
                                                    : From Bukit Jalil’s train station to house [RM 9.00]
                             Touch & Go    : For LRT and KTM [RM 100 each month]
                             Movie’s Ticket: Usual Adult Ticket [RM 13.00]

 Don’t get too shocked. Yup, indeed it was a costing lifestyle. There are much more than what you have seen. And I am not one of those fancy guys with Merc and so on. I said earlier, just a regular guy from a regular family. Do you know, how much was my monthly allowance? It was only RM300. So, how did I managed to pull through? Stay tune for the next part.

Till then, toodles.

Yours Truly,

A (Used to Be) Movieholic

0 comments:

Post a Comment