Confession of a (Used To Be) Movieholic [Part 3]


 People might say to you, that money isn’t everything. But if you are a twitterholic or a 9gagger, then you might have stumble upon the saying:

Yes, money can’t buy happiness but I’d rather cry in a Ferrari”.

Ferrari 458 Italia
Source : https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWrJF6IsX6Om8Z7HqKtxkWHdOUo55eOD16HB_-qBrESQTT8r0M

 Despite being a humour and whatsoever, we must have somewhat thought about that sometimes. Because it is a pain truth.

 So, I have to warn you, don’t be a movieholic. Like, forever. Unless if you’re the only child of the Petronas station’s owner (but i bet you’re not!). This addiction is not cool at all. What’s cool? Being rich and addict-free.

 One of the rough moment I can share with you was about what happened in December of 2011. My savings from the school’s allowance of RM300 was all out. No extra savings for rainy days. Thanks to all the great movies that sets out all year round. Therefore, by December, my pocket was quite empty. On second thought, it is empty!

 Asking for money from my parents was definitely not a good decision. The last thing I want is to be grounded from watching movies. Dude, if I did get grounded at that time, I’m most probably will not be blogging right now and instead I would be watching from above (if you know what I mean). That is the measurement of  how ‘holic’ I am with watching movies in my past. Told you, it ain’t cool.

 Anyway, what did I do just to pull through this? Have I ever told you that I have this awesome guitar signed by more than 40 local bands guitarists that I’ve got and collected in many gigs? They are so pure angelic that you won’t even dare to let it be touched by anyone else but you. Yeah, not even your mum! And I bet by now you would know what I did? Lol.

 I took the lovely guitar from my ‘safe’ and went by taxi to the Ampang Cashconverter and to God I hope and wish that this best guitar in Malaysia will just be there until I’ve got back some money from my future life. After all, it will most probably worth like RM2000 or something, and hopefully no one have the keen and interest of spending so much on it. But when I finally reached there, not only the guitar just worthed for RM200, the man at that place said it was a piece of junk. I was so furious that I went out with the guitar to the cab and suddenly the driver look at me and gave the face. And what a fate; the fare! I’ve completely forgot about it. I thought with the RM2000, I will have enough money to cover the taxi and have a jolly day but now for RM200?

Cash Converter -_-
Source : https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgYW7rSILhB5ci8KYWFlvz3sXqglBORUdaLKJQzupK2tCcab7Z8eB7njZevPz4u0AsmzAX14zyXd_9q5xUCWvvwln4WqKAJg7YzVnam1rKJnUkIDUvXaaC_UX14Pa0iYrR-Er-0Ftc5riw/s320/Cash+Converters.jpg


 My hands were then tied (analogically). I had to. Therefore, I went inside with my tears rolling (this one is literally) because I’m giving my precious to the jerk who doesn’t even know the values of the most awesome guitar in the world. Like really, are you dumb or something? Not to know who Hujan and Pesawat are? Dude, you must be living in a cave when you said, “Hujan and Pesawat? Don’t bluff me. Rain and plane are not a living thing, you idiot! It can’t be signing guitar”. You can just imagine what kind of swear words wandering in my thoughts at that moment.

 Basically, I’ve got my RM200 and paid almost RM100 for the cab’s ride from Bukit Jalil to Ampang and then to Ampang Point. With the remaining RM100, i went on for a movie’s marathon and even watched Avatars in 3D. I did spend quite a lot of money for popcorns that day. Just to throw it into the screen when shits get real. Hahah. So, “BalingPopcorn”, right? The most satisfying RM100 I’ve spent in my life.

p/s : To the Ampang Cashconverter’s dude, I would say the 'F' word to you right now, if this was not an assignment. So, be thankful and do get a life.
pp/s : Sorry there were no pic of the guitar. As you can guess, someone bought that 'junk'. Perhaps for RM2000 B) Hahah.


Till then, toodles.

Yours Truly,

A (Used to Be) Movieholic                                       

0 comments:

Post a Comment